Please provide your client with a copy of these guidelines prior to the scheduled shoot.
Please keep in mind that we are unable to, and will not, move any items in the home. It is your responsibility to prepare the home for the shoot. Failure to abide by these guidelines may cause a delay in our services, resulting in an additional surcharge.
Tips for all areas in the home.
- Thoroughly clean entire house (vacuum carpets, mop hard floors, wipe down countertops, clean windows)
- Turn all overhead lights ON
- Replace all burned out lightbulbs
- Use lightbulbs of the same temperature throughout entire house (ex: ALL incandescent or ALL compact fluorescent)
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF
- Turn all televisions OFF
- Turn all computer screens OFF
- Open all blinds/window treatments to allow natural outdoor light in
- Remove all personal photographs
- Make all beds
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets
Online “curb appeal”. The front exterior is usually the first photo buyers see.
- Close garage doors
- Remove cars from driveway and front of home
- Clean up landscaping (mow lawn, trim shrubs, leaves)
- Remove misc. items (ex: empty planters, visible water hoses, toys)
The backyard should be an oasis to relax.
- Clean deck, outdoor tables, chairs, cushions, etc.
- Pillows/cushions should be fresh, not faded
- Clear all toys, sports equipment and games
- Clean pool
- Remove pool vacuum & hide all pool cleaning supplies
- Turn ON pool fountains/water features
- Remove visible water hoses
- Remove trash cans
Sometimes the focal point. The kitchen deserves attention to detail.
- Clear countertops completely (no knife blocks, baking supplies, mail, etc.)
- Leave out a maximum of one small appliance (ex: coffee maker)
- Clear outside of refrigerator (ex: magnets, papers, photos)
- Hide garbage cans
- Remove dishes from sink
Allow buyers to imagine a nice family meal.
- Clear table
- Dust/polish tabletop
- Use decorative place settings if possible
- feature one centerpiece (ex: bouquet of flowers)
- Straighten all chairs and space them evenly
The space to enjoy conversation and spend quality time with family.
- Remove stacks of magazines, papers, mail, etc.
- De-clutter fireplace mantel/hearth (no more than 5 items, including art)
- Clean interior of fireplace
- Fluff and arrange decorative pillows
- Remove toys and other items
Your place of relaxation.
- Make all beds
- Press bed linens and bed skirts
- Clear nightstands of all personal items
- Store away phone/tablet charging cables
- Remove all clutter from top of dressers
- Remove family photos from dressers and walls
- Clean under bed (remove all items that may show in photos)
To be spa-like, the bathroom must be clear of all personal items.
- Clear countertops completely (no soap, toothbrushes, medications, cosmetics, etc.)
- Put toilet seats down
- Close closet doors and drawers
- Remove shampoo, soap, loofahs, etc. from showers and tubs
- Remove dirty towels (may leave out only new, unused towels)
- Remove floor mats
We love our pets, but their presence should be minimized.
- Put away food/water bowels, pet beds and toys
- Use lint roller on furniture to remove pet hair
- Contain pets in hidden crate or outside
- Clear backyard of pet waste/toys